Weight loss, high BP, taking OxyElite fat burner, Amlodlpine-Benazepril. Take them together?

"Hi. Need a little help. I have started a diet with a trainer about one month ago i started at 325 and now weigh 300. but in doing so i want to make sure i'm not making a mistake.i have slightly high blood pressure and i'm on medication but since training i stopped taking them not to mix them with the fat burners i am taking .my question to you is can i take them both together. right now i take OxyElite fat burners 2 pill in morning and one at 4pm and my blood press pills i take once a day is AMLODIPINE-BENAZEPRIL 10-20MG

Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later

Stopping the blood pressure medicine is never recommended.

It can lead to a rebound rise in blood pressure causing complications.

Now that you have already stopped the medicine for last one month, you need to monitor your blood pressure levels regularly.

The fat burner oxy elite pro that you are taking contains good quantity of caffeine which can cause cardiac stimulation and can further shoot up your blood pressure.

The blood pressure medicines usually take one month to show their optimum efficacy if taken regularly. Now that you have left the medicine, if you need to resume you might have to start with a higher dose to bring the situation into control.

My suggestion is immediately monitor your blood pressure and if it is too high, stop oxy elite pro and start your anti hypertensives after consulting your physician.

Get your blood pressure checked.

Having your Blood pressure under control should be your priority now.

If it is normal, You can continue taking Oxy elite pro along with the regular BP medications.

But have a regular check up on your blood pressure levels.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.