Weight loss after doing exercise. Facing erectile dysfunction problem after taking lisinopril. What to do?

I am taking lisinopril/hctz tab 10-12.5. My bp is good. I exercise and have lost 20 lbs. I weigh 170 lbs and am 5 ft 6 inches tall. I am having ED problems and would like to know if I can take a different medication or take this one at bed time after sex, and will it make a difference. I take the meds at breakfast.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 45 minutes later
Thanks for your query. It is indeed well documented that lisinopril is associated with decreased libido and erectile dysfunction. Hence, you can try shifting the medication to night. It is possible it might make a difference. Altering the antihypertensive when your blood pressure is under control is not a wise idea.
Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Follow-up: Weight loss after doing exercise. Facing erectile dysfunction problem after taking lisinopril. What to do? 28 hours later
I am willing to take a chance on switching medications or do anything. It is so embaressing and puts a chill on trying to XXXXXXX anyone.
I could lose more weight as well. Do you have any suggestions. Would a urologist be the one to take on this task, or would it be my internest. I have an appt with a urologist on Wed. and will ask him as well.
Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 4 hours later
Yes, you can try shifting of medication. You can also consult a dietician for planning your diet and regular exercises to cut down on your weight. An urologist opinion might also be valuable in solving your queries.
Dr Sundar