Weight loss, aerobics, diet, abdominal exercises. Liposuction a good treatment option ?

Iam 51 years old and weigh 77kgs.Iam not diabetic or hypertense.Recently I have lost 6 kgs and my weight stabilized at 77 kgs which works out to a BMI of 25 as my height is 5’10”.I maintain regular exercise -aerobics,strength training,abdominal exercises and evening walk of 4 kms.I eat selectively without oil,less Non veg,less sweets,more fruit and water ,steamed vegetables,sprouts,Almonds(4 nos) and 1 egg white.When I go to gym I take whey protein of 30 gms. My problem is with my stomach muscles.Inspite of my exercise and moderate food habits I have a stomach of 36 inches.When I sit down I have to adjust my belt by changing the hole.When I wear underwear I feel very tight in abdominal area.Thats why I stopped wearing underwaear except when I exercise. I consulted a specialist who is into weight loss surgery like gastric band and sleeve who initially suggested to go for liposuction.When I requested for a non surgical solution he offered me a complimentary session on Radio frequency Tripolar machine.He promised that I will loose 2 inches over 6 sittings.For each sitting there should be a gap of 2 weeks.He says the skin also will be tightened apart from fat reduction in the tissues.I have also read that this can be done by Ultrasound Lipolysis and Zerona laser treatments. Please suggest me which is ideal for reducing my stomach sag.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

Of all the procedures that you have mentioned, the procedure that destroys maximum number of fat cells with adequate tightening of the loose skin is the best one.

Surgical liposuction is the best for removing maximum number of fat cells in large quantities but the only problem is that it does not tighten the left over loose skin adequately.

Ultrasound lipolysis is a new technique and does destroy the fat cells but does not provide with adequate skin tightening.

Zerona laser treatment is a better option out of the three as it uses a dual wave length laser to remove fat and tightens the skin by heating the collagen from below.

You can discuss all these treatment options with your doctor and he will be the best person to guide you.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Weight loss, aerobics, diet, abdominal exercises. Liposuction a good treatment option ? 1 hour later
Thank you very much for your prompt advice.The doctor whom i consulted told me in RF Tripolar also there will be skin tightening and fat gets dissolved due to heat as they go upto 41 degrees centigrade.
My doubt is if we gain weight will my tummy increase again as the fat cells are not totally removed like liposuction.I heard that zerona laser is like lipo without surgery.Is it true.In zerona laser how the fat will be removed from body.
Follow-up: Weight loss, aerobics, diet, abdominal exercises. Liposuction a good treatment option ? 8 minutes later
The doctor advocates the method as best if they have that particular equipment.There is no doctor who has all three methods RF Tripolar,ultrasound lipolysis,Zerona laser.
hence you advise me which is better in the long run so that the fat cells will be removed and i will have permanent solution.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 0 minute later

Thanks for writing again.

In RF Tripolar, fat is only dissolved while the fat cells remain there; which can swell later after accumulating fat again after some time.

In Zerona laser, fat cells are completely destroyed and only fibrous tissue is left instead. If you gain weight again it is less likely after laser to get deposited in abdomen again.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you an early recovery.