Weight loss, DHEA, vitamin D, CoQ10, phentermine, acetyl L-carnitine, remicade, Lialda, Crohn's disease, stomach pain, rubbery discharge in stools

Hello. "Brief Hisotry"...4 weeks ago, I went to an internist who specializes in bariatrics to help me with weight loss. He put me on a high protein very low carb diet along with supplements, through which he determined which ones through extensive blood work. He gave me DHEA, Vitamin D, Nature-throid, CoQ10, Acetyl L-Carnitine (brand name NutriLean with Forslean...which is coleus forskolin) and I take 1/2 of a 37.5 mg, tablet of phentermine to control my appetite. I also have Crohns Disease for which I take Lialda and I get Remicade every 7 weeks.
My stomach has been hurting all week. This morning while eliminating , in the form of diarrhea, I noticed something pinkish in color (like the color of a pencil eraser) that appears to be rubbery, like a piece of latex balloon...with small bumps. I am very scared and I have every intention of calling my gastroentorologist as soon as they open however that won't be for another 2 hours I am very anxious to know what this could possibly be... I am hoping to get some suggestions Also, should I save it and bring it in to my doctor?
I have been asked to provide more details however i am not sure what they are looking for. All I can say is that the internist has eliminated foods and protein bars containing sugar alcohols and has also eliminated a pro-bitoic that he gace to me called Ther-biotic.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Chron's Disease
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 5 hours later

After analysing your symptoms, I can think of the following possibilities :

1. An exacerbation of the Crohn's disease.

2. An side-effect to the Drug Lialda.

Both can present with the severe Abdominal pain, diarrhea with pinkish rubbery products .

It would be wise to get a stool examined under microscope

I suggest you to see the consultant your gastroenterologist, discuss the above two possibilities and get the test done under his guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.