Weight is gaining day by day. Can CopperT be the reason?

25yrs old female
i feel my weight is gaining day by day
i have gone foe copertee
n i have heard so that putting copertee can puton weight
kimdly help me out wid dis problem have i heard the right thing or having copertee have no connection wid weight gain
kindly reply me as soon as possible
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
copperT is not a cause for weight gain

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic.
I can understand your concern about excessive weight gain but copperT is not to be blamed for this. There can be some other problems like hypothyrodism like excess eating disorder etc. I would suggest that you should control your diet and include regular exercises in your daily schedule to improve fitness and reduce weight. There can be some hormonal problems like PCOS which is frequent cause of excessive weight gain in your age group.
You should also consult a local gynecologist for physical examination and evaluation.
I hope the advice will be helpful for you.