Weight is 82kgs. Fatty liver found in health check up. Advice to control?

Question
Weight 82kgs fatty liver found in health checkup.

pls suggest to control
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Guru 36 hours later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
Fatty liver is usually caused by excess alcohol consumption, obesity. In non alcoholics generally obesity, diabetes mellitus, hypertriglyceridaemia (increased cholesterol) and abormal usage of drugs like corticosteroids. Fatty liver generally does not show any symptoms but there may be tiredness and other non specific symptoms.

When appropriately treated, it is reversible. The treatment mostly consists of cessation of alcohol consumption(in case of those who consume alcohol) and weight loss through diet, which improves liver function and reduces fat deposits.
If not treated, it may lead to irreversible permanent damage of liver which is called fatty liver. I suggest to follow up with a Gasteroenterologist.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health

Answered by Dr. Guru 14 hours later
You are welcome!

Wish you good health