Weight is 66 & height is 143cm. Suggest ways for weight loss

My weight is 66 & height is 143cm. m doing exercises, food control every thing. but my weight is same. Kindly suggest for my weight loss
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Your height seems to be lower than normal. 143 cm is equal to 56 inches and is low. Since I need to calculate your body mass index, please re-confirm if the values you have provided are correct. Also let me know the treatments that you have taken. How long have you tried diet and exercise? Regarding weight loss, two changes need to be done in your lifestyle. Diet and exercise. In diet you need to take low calorie diet. High calorie food needs to be completely omitted out. High calorie food includes milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, ice cream, creamy food, sugary treats, etc. Thus your diet should mainly include 3 regular meals and 3 small snacks that are low in calories. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet as much as you can, upto 5 meals. Among snacks you can take crackers and high fiber biscuits and omit cookies, cakes, samosas etc. Drink pure water and take hygienic home cooked food, since restaurant food may contain butter, margarine, cream etc in large quantities. Keep a weighing machine at home so that you can monitor your weight according to the diet. Exercise for at least 20 min a day. Exercise can include gym, walk, yoga, gym, cycling, swimming etc. Also get your routine blood tests done. There may be some organic cause behind weight gain. The blood tests can include complete hemogram, thyroid profile, lipid profile, fasting blood sugar, liver function tests (SGOT, SGPT), kidney function tests (BUN, Sr Ceatinine), etc Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee