Weight gain,vomiting,distorted vision,contraceptive implant,bleeding,clear cervical smear and STI

I'm 41 , about 10lb over weight ,I keep getting bad migraines that make me vomit , and the vomit smells very sweet . I have started to wear glasses but still get grey patches when working on my laptop that interfere with my vision. I had a contraceptive implant about 9 months ago , and I constantly ( though a light flow ) bleed except for a few days a month ( I have had an all clear from cervical smear and STI tests )
I have also been put on steriod inhailers as it's believed I have allergic asthma...
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

With regard to the contraceptive implant,the irregular bleeding is a side effect.However,9 months is a long time for it to continue.In most women,the irregular bleeding comes under control within a few months of use.If this is bothering you i would advise removing the implant and using a diffeernt form of birth control.You should also get a ultrasound if you havent to rule out pathology.
The migraine isnt connected directly to your birth control.The vomiting and the migraines are unrelated symptoms which has to be treated separately.You should get medication for the migraine if your symptoms are severe.These are prescription drugs.

I suggest you speak with your doctor about changing the implanon to another method if you are uncomfortable.But remember that all hormonal contraceptives have similar side effects.