Weight gain,exercise,tiredness,lack of protein

I am 35 years old , weighing 73 kgs and height 5ft,10 in. , have been having weight gain only around my waist area (almost 4 kilos in the last 1 year).I swim twice a week (i feel very tired through the day when i swim), and do some light exercises on the other days.On an average I can exercise 4 days a week , coz my job involves lot of travelling (Bad food routine).I wanted to know 2 things (1) Is the tiredness has got anything to do with lack of Protein Intake? I am a non vegetarian and eggs and chicken is a part of my diet. (2) do i need to incorporate more cardio exercises to keep my waistline in check.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later

As you are leading quite an active lifestyle with swimming and exercise as a part of your life, you should not be the one to gain weight so fast.

It is really nice that you are so conscious about your diet and fitness.
The tiredness you feel is more common due to lack of carbohydrate intake rather than due to lack of proteins. The diet you are taking- chicken and eggs both are very good sources of proteins but are poor in carbohydrates. Whenever you feel tired it is best to have an energy drink which is XXXXXXX in carbohydrates but do not make it a routine to take them excessively as it might cause a gain in weight.

We have experienced dietitians who can design Personalized Weight Management
Program with Diet Plan and Exercise. You can take their help at this link:
Yes. To keep your waist line in check, cardio exercises as well as abdominal wall strengthening exercises will be of help.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.