Weight gain, sweating and watery stools after drinking beer. What will happen?

i drink about a six pack of beer a night.i have had rapid weight gain and sweat at the drop of a hat.i also have very almost watery stools.what will happen
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Alocohol consumption more than normal, has many harmful effects on the entire body as you might already know. Rapid weight gain needs a clinical examination to ascertain the cause in your case. Excessive sweating is due to increased metabolic rate and has to be correlated with the weight gain. Diarrhoea if chronic or acute would need tests as well to rule out infections. I cannot pin point the diagnosis if that is what you are trying to know in here. You would need a consultation for that.

Meanwhile, I would like to suggest you to go slow on alcohol and get counseling perhaps. 41 is not a young age and you could be in some serious cardiac complications risk.

Good thing is your past medical issues are nil, and you can get back perfect health if you take a right decision now.

Drink lots of water for now, to compensate the loss of fluids in stools. And get an appointment at the earliest.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.