Weight gain, stiff joints, dizzy, headache, no diet change. Reason?

General Surgeon
I have gained 50 pounds rather quickly (about 2 months) with no change in exercise or diet, I have achy stiff joints, and am dizzy with slight headaches...what could it be?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 27 minutes later

Quick weight gain of 50 pounds with in a span of only two months ,without any change in diet or exercise suggest some hormonal imbalance ,most probably hypothyroidism.
Joint stiffness and ache , dizziness & headache can be the due to after effect of hormonal imbalance and quick weight gain.

It is good if evaluated to find the cause of such a quick weight gain by hormonal assay & other test , for the betterment of health and timely treatment .

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.