Weight gain due to ovarian cyst or CIN II? Have constant abdominal pain.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I had a pap in April 2011 come back cin2, subsequent colposcopy, lletz, biopsy came back cin2 squasmos with co-existing glandular abnormaility but biopsy had clear margins. Post lletz I have experienced continual dull ache very low to the left of my pubic bone, because of this pain I was seen again 2 1/2 months post lletz and the doc said that he thought it was too early but did a pap that has since come back normal. I am due back for a repeat pap in feb 2012. My weight has been a stable 8 1/2 stone for 15 years but since the lletz I have put on over 3/4 of a stone and am now over 9 1/4 stone with no change of lifestyle, I am 35 with 2 children, 5ft 3. I still have the constant ache. 3 years ago I had similar pain which when scanned showed an ovarian cyst which did not require treatment. Could this weight gain be due to either conditions?,
Posted Wed, 25 Jun 2014 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 31 minutes later

Weight gain can be associated with ovarian cysts but is not likely to be associated with CIN II (Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia ).

The constant ache in the pelvic region might be due to the ovarian cysts. Since your pap smear was normal there is nothing to worry regarding the cervical pathology.

Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations like an ultrasound scan and MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging)of lower abdomen required in your case.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.