Weight beratric surgery done. Diagnosed with clots in brain. Is it safe to take cobadex, levepsy and eption?

Spine Surgeon
Sir I got operated during XXXXXXX 2012 for over weight Beratric surgery uptill July 14 there was no problem only one thing is i could not take food as earlier. Now on July 14th I suffered from two times ceasers i admitted to hospital with unconsciousness. After that Dr said that you have got two small clats in brain with slight bleeding and they prescribed morning Cobadex fourty-1 Levepsy 500mg -1and Eptoin 100mg 1 in afternoon Levepsy - 1 night Levepsy -1 Acitrom 2 mg and 3 mg alternate day, Eptoin 100 mg - 2. My question is the medicine given is correct ? My problem will be set righted with this medicine ? and how long I have to take what are the side effect please guide me in this regard.
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 49 minutes later

You are getting a medicine Acitrom 2 mg that is a drug to prevent thrombosis, therefore it causes incresed bleeding tendency which may account for small clots. Levepsy and eptoin both are antiepileptics to prevent seizure.
Answering to your quarry, Yes medicines are correct but Acitrom as I said is given to prevent XXXXXXX venous thrombosis. Ask your obesity surgeon how long it is to be given in your case. Levepsy and eptoin both are antiepileptics to prevent seizure and if you have history of seizure they should be given for 3 yrs. If there is no history of seizure use is controversial but if started may be stopped within an year.
Let me know if you have any other query.