Weed smoker, tried hypnosis to give up smoking but became angry and frustration. Would Zopiclone help?

Psychiatrist
Question
I've been long term weed.smoker and Heavy smoker in general when I tried hypnosis to give up smoking found myself getting seveir angry and frustration since then I still smoke solid puff but not the skunk now .would zopiclone help calm all these head horrors if I tried hypnosis again
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation.

Weed contains cannabis and tobacco contains nicotine. In withdrawal both of them cause anxiety.

Hypnosis helps in de addiction by boosting confidence and causing relaxation. But 2 to 5 percent of population is difficult to hypnotise. Such persons can develop increased anxiety, anger and frustration during hypnosis.

Zopiclone is helpful in sleeping but does not relieve anxiety. It will not be helpful to decrease anger but will help in sleeping if disturbed by hypnosis.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Weed smoker, tried hypnosis to give up smoking but became angry and frustration. Would Zopiclone help? 56 minutes later
What would u suggest to help with the anger frustration so I can get prepared for next hypnosis session

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Benzodiezepines

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

In such case anti anxiety medicines like benzodiezepines group of medicines (alprazolam and clonazepam) will be helpful. These are prescription medicines which you can take after evaluation and prescription from physician.

Wish you good health.