Wearing compressing stocks, have rash on leg, placing weight. Can meniscus tear surgery sprain ankle and aggravate arthritis?

Can having a 5th meniscus tear surgery- right 5th toe , sprain right ankle, and substantial aggravation trigger pre-existing knee arthritis or aggravate knee as result of a serious injury in Juy of 2008.

In addition I have been placing weight on my right leg and knee due to having surgeries to my left knee (i.e. tear medial meniscus left knee, synvis shots left knee, and pre-existing arthritis left knee.

Wear compressing stocks as well and have rash on my lower legs on both my right left and right legs and feet

Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 3 hours later
Yes, definitely having a problem with one knee can aggravate problems in the other as in trying to avoid putting pressure on one leg one tends to put more pressure on the other. Thus in cases with pre-existing arthritis mostly osteoarthritis problem with a knee or foot can definitely aggravate the problems with the other.

Synvisc injections help but sometimes the effect is short-lived so it is better to supplement your efforts with knee exercises, local application of NSAID gel and physiotherapy.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more guidance.