Weaning off snorting medicine. Want information on possible problems if I do not cut down or quit.

I am 43, 5'9" and 170 lbs, with no significant medical history, other than pancreatitis. As its non-narcotic, are there any severe risks with snorting Tramadol..I have snorted about 6 50mg capsules daily, I also snort daily oxazepam (which I take to help to keep me from drinking) 30mg a day. And today also snorted 30mg of a product called 8ballZ which is a legal bath salt. In addition, I have on occasion along with the tramadol and oxazepam (but not the bath salts), have snorted either 30mg of Oxcontin or 500mg of Vicodin or a Percocet. I am weaning and will stop but want info on any possible problems I'll face IF i don't cut down more or quit totally (other than the oxazepam which I'll take orally). Finally maybe 3-4 times a year I smoke pot, (while usually doing the above) that's it!
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

The drugs you are currently snorting are indicated only for oral use. Snorting these drugs and bath will cause serious damage to the nose like
1. Deviated nasal septum
2. Septal perforation
3. Hypertrophied turbinate
4. Nasal block

Apart from these you can also expect
1. Sinusitis
2. Renal failure due to tramadol over dosage called as non steroidal anti- inflammatory drug induces nephropathy
3. Interstitial lung injury

Oxazepam is a benzidoazapine and overdosage is a serious issue. It can cause

1. Respiratory failure
2. Excessive sleep
3. Drowsiness
4. Mood disorder

Vicodin in large doses causes
1. Memory loss
2. Constipation
3. Dizziness
4. Mood changes

Please approach a hospital which has XXXXXXX medicine, ENT (Ear, nose and throat) and drug rehabilitation facility as soon as possible. Please do not ignore your present situation.

I hope I was of help and I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health