Weakness, nausea, frequent urination. Reason?

I'm feeling weak and nausa and also peeing a lot
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later

There can be multiple possibilities which can be narrowed down to reach a diagnosis if you describe your symptoms in a greater detail like - any association with fever, any burning in micturition , for how long is it happening, etc.

Passing excessive urine with weakness can be a sign of diabetes. You need to get your blood glucose levels checked soon for an early diagnosis.
Feeling weak and nauseous may be a benign type of viral syndrome. Viruses in the environment are common and when we are exposed to them they can sometimes trigger a constellation of symptoms including fatigue, tiredness, dry mouth, etc.

These types of viral syndromes typically last from as little as 3 days up to sometimes 4 to 6 weeks. I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Weakness, nausea, frequent urination. Reason? 3 hours later
I have been excercising five day's a week. I drink kangen water religiously. I also take multivitams daily, argenix, fish oils, and Two protein shakes a day.. I notice when I drink alcohol I stay light headed all day long even the next day or two.. It can be as much as 12 pack or as little as a six pack.. I've never felt that before.. And when I workout I feel light headed as well... Sometimes I think it's my anxiety but I don't think so???
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

After having alcohol feeling light headed is common and the extended effect means that you are not yet habituated to it or your liver enzymes are compromised which can be diagnosed after a Liver function blood test.

Feeling lightheaded after an exercise may be related to hypoglycaemia that you feel after the workout.You need to get your blood glucose levels checked- fasting and post prandial.

Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you an early recovery.