Weakness, less facial hair, feminine voice. Hormonal treatment & cost?

Question
I am 26 year old, physicaly weak and have problem of very less facial hair growth, and my voice is also bit female voice. none of others has this problem in our family. whether it can be resolved with harmone treatment ? what could be the cost.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

You have less facial hair and a feminine voice, and no one in your family seems to have this too.

Men who have low testosterone levels will have low facial hair growth and feminine voice. It might most probably be due to this.

You will need to take hormonal supplements for this. Most of the times, if the cause is due to low testosterone levels, it can be cured. You will need to get your blood investigations like testosterone levels done under the guidance of Endocrinologist.

Oral tablets cost around 900 rupees per month, whereas injections range from 250 to 500 rupees for each one.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Weakness, less facial hair, feminine voice. Hormonal treatment & cost? 17 hours later
Thanks for reply. can you suggest me some Endocrinologist in bangalore to get my testosterone tested ? and what could be average cost of such test?

Answered by Dr. Radhika 34 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

The rate for a Plasma Testosterone test will be Rs.450 on an average but it may differ in various hospitals.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a Endocrinologist in your area at WWW.WWWW.WW

Regards.

Follow-up: Weakness, less facial hair, feminine voice. Hormonal treatment & cost? 52 minutes later
Thanks a lot. Sorry for troubling, whats the average duration of this treatment?

Answered by Dr. Radhika 19 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

It will at least take 3 months to see any changes after treatment.

Regards.