Weakness in upper arms, shaking, heart racing, intermittent chest pain.

I have weakness in both upper arms. With shaking and heart racing. Have had intermittent chest pain for over a week. But it's not bad. I am a 44 y/0 w/f.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Weakness in both upper arms could be due to nerve compression induced muscle weakness. This is normally seen in cervical spondylosis. Doing an X-ray neck and MRI will help in diagnosis.
You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.
Racing heart and intermittent chest pain could be indicative of a heart problem.
It would be better to get the following investigations done to rule out cardiac related problems.
1. Troponin -T and CPK-MB
2. ECG in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2
3. Echocardiography
4. Tread mill test
5. Thallium scan (Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy)
Please visit your cardiologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.