Weakness in both eyes and use lenses. Is it necessary to go for laser operation?

Ophthalmologist
Question
My age is 25 years. My eyes weak with -8 in both eyes. I use lenses twice a week. I want a Laser Operation of my eyes it is gud or not gud.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your age and refractive correction is ideal for it

Detailed Answer:
Welome to WWW.WWWW.WW
Your age of 25 yrs and and if your refractive corretion has been stable for 2 years are apt prerequisites for a LASIK. You will need to go a few other tests, the most important being a pachymetry. Pachymetry calculates the thickness of your cornea and you need to have a thick enough cornea for lasik.

please do get back to us if you have further questions.

Follow-up: Weakness in both eyes and use lenses. Is it necessary to go for laser operation? 11 minutes later
this number -8 is stable more than 2 years.. Lasik is gud option or not

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
yes it is a good option.

Detailed Answer:
Yes it is a good option. You may go ahead with it.

Follow-up: Weakness in both eyes and use lenses. Is it necessary to go for laser operation? 3 minutes later
Thank you Doctor ......How much cost for this? and suggest me doctor in jaipur also.........

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
My Dear,
thanks for getting back to us.
Charges are variable from set up to set up.
As a guideline ,i can tell you that we charge about 0000 for this.There are centers which charge about one lac where the flap is made by laser.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Weakness in both eyes and use lenses. Is it necessary to go for laser operation? 9 minutes later
what do you mean by "flap is made by laser". Is it come in my policy....... y some take 0000 and some take 0000?

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 minutes later
My Dear,
we make a flap by keratome,lift the flap ,do the laser and reposit the flap.
Same flap can be made by cutting with laser,that is where the cost difference occurs.

thnks... is it come in my policy

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 0 minute later
My Dear,
This you will have to ask your insurence people.