Weakness, burning sensation & twitching all over body. Have Cervical and lumber spondylosis. Is it Neuro problem & can it be cured?

Hi Dr.
I have Cervical spondylosis and lumber sondylosis,where i feel weak sometimes, feel burning sense over the body and twitching all over the body.
I am really confused seen many dr. but of no use. can you tell me whether its nero problem ? if so it can be cured ?

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 3 hours later
Our spine is made up of number of bones known as vertebrae. Between two consecutive vertebrae there is a cushion like substance called intervertebral disc.Spondylosis is common degenerative condition of the intervertebral disc due to subsequent biochemical changes in bones and soft tissues. This affects the normal spine structure and function of the cervical (neck), thoracic (chest area), lumbar (lower back) spine.

You may have tried conventional pain killers and muscle relaxants which may offer immediate relief but not a long time one. Homoeopathic medicines have proven to help most individuals by reducing muscular stiffness and spasm. It relieves intensity and frequency of pain without any long term adverse affects. These medicines can be taken along with your regular pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs prescribed by your physician which will improve the overall condition of the bones.

Whereas homoeopathic medicines are given on the basis of individual symptoms still I would advise you -RHUS TOX 30, GUIACUM 30, three times daily till you refer to a homoeopath. This medicine would reduce your pain and numbness. Homoeopathy works till certain stage of degeneration so consult a physician as early as possible.

Spondylosis is not curable but it is not life threatening also. Along with the medications certain changes in the lifestyle would help in avoiding recurrence of the symptoms in the long run. Maintain good posture while sitting, standing and walking; avoid exposure to cold; don’t sit in one position for too long; avoid citrus fruits ,they can aggravate the pain.

Have a great day.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Weakness, burning sensation & twitching all over body. Have Cervical and lumber spondylosis. Is it Neuro problem & can it be cured? 57 minutes later
Thanks for your reply...

if i take Homoeopathy medicine, it will be cured? now a days am having twching in spine and my back head. feeling too cold. is that bcas of nerve problem or because of spondylosis?
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Twitching in the spine may be due to a nerve compression.

Cure from homoeopathic medicine again depends upon the extent of the problem. But there is no need to worry as the symptoms will be reduce and so will be the progress of the disease after the treatment.

symptoms will be relived for a longer time. Just try to maintain a healthy lifestyle alongwith the medicines and you will be all fine.

Hope this answers your query. Any follow-up query is most welcome.

Follow-up: Weakness, burning sensation & twitching all over body. Have Cervical and lumber spondylosis. Is it Neuro problem & can it be cured? 43 hours later
thanks for answering Dr.

whether it will cause any nerval dysfunction and sexul dysfunction?
bcas now days after mastubating i feel driness in my eyes and weak...
its also due to nerval problem?
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 19 hours later

Thanks again,

No, it won't cause any sexual dysfunction. So don't worry about that.

Some nervous dysfunction can be a issue but in later stages and not when you start proper treatment right now itself.

Masturbation can cause weakness in itself also, so avoid excess masturbation.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.