Weak digestive system,excessive bowel movement,IBS,metroquinal

hello sir, my problem is my digestive system is very week i go latrine 4-5 times daily even after taking medicines like metroquinal etc. the problem is for the last 5 years i feel very week. Is it IBS if yes how to get cure for the last one year fat is rapidly growing in my body Please Help me.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Having bowel movements 4-5 times a day specially after every meal is indicative of IBS - more prominent with stress and anxiety. Try to do some dietary changes and lifestyle modifications for relief.
1.Some vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts) and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness and should be avoided.
2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms.
3.Drink plenty of water, and avoid carbonated drinks such as soda, which may cause gas and discomfort.
4.Eat smaller meals and eat slowly to help reduce cramping and diarrhea.
5.Low fat, high carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, and whole-grain breads may help .

Reduce Caffeine,Alcohol,Dairy products,Fatty foods,Artificial sweeteners .
You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol, tums, imodium, entrocalm, etc for symptomatic relief.
Daily exercises along with a low fat diet will help you overcome the problems.
There is no permanent cure for IBS but careful selection of meals can limit your problem to a large extent.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Weak digestive system,excessive bowel movement,IBS,metroquinal 58 minutes later
does IBS can damage my liver kidney etc i mean can IBS shorten my life
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
IBS does not produce any detrimental effect on your major organs like liver or kidneys. You need not worry. It does not effect the longevity either. You only need to have a dietary management for relief.
Wishing you an early recovery.

Follow-up: Weak digestive system,excessive bowel movement,IBS,metroquinal 8 hours later
does IBS has role in my hair fall,and fastly increasing Fat.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome can cause hair fall due to improper diet and nutrition but it does not cause deposition of fat in the body. It can show some signs of nutritional deficiency instead.

Hope this answers your query.