Waxy coloured cyst on top of foot. Darkened in colour and bleeding. What could it be?

I have had a waxy coloured cyst on top of foot for about 15 years.Recently it has darkened in colour and started bleeding occasionally.What could this be?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for the query,
I would like to know whether it was just a waxy colored cyst or even some material used to come out of it on pressing.
I would also like to see a photograph of the lesion, in order to give a closer diagnosis.
As for now now I think it was a sebaceous cyst or a xanthoma which has got infected now.
Please upload a photograph.
There is an option to do so on right side of query page.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Follow-up: Waxy coloured cyst on top of foot. Darkened in colour and bleeding. What could it be? 14 hours later
Thank you for reply.I have uploaded picture hope it help
The cyst was always waxy colour until recently it turned
Redish There was no puss or discharge and was also asymmetrical about diameter of pencil has now flattened out and has small amount of blood like discharge
Thanks again for help XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infected cyst

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the photograph.
It is looking like an infected cyst.
If there was no discharge earlier, the most probable diagnosis remains xanthoma.
It is a collection of fat.
Now there is infection so please apply an anti bacterial cream like mupirocine.
This will help you.
Please dont worry, It is not looking anything XXXXXXX

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you