Waves of shivering, shaking hands, recurring condition, not constant. Due to excessive alcohol ?

Interesting it has happen off and on not consitent over time, seems to mostly come up at night, drinking too much, I do not feel like it but who knows, I have 3 to four
oz. a night and a good meal. the other day I did not feel really up and sure enough here came the waves or shivers, funny for a bit today I could not get a handle on certain email emaill adresses which are auto in my hands usually ?? I have had this not so very often very sparsely. I should not say heat but it feels like it, time period less than a minute
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Chronic Alcohol intake causes impaired prospective memory, impaired cognitive ability and dementia. Tremors in limbs is also common.
The effects on your hands that you noticed are because of alcohol intake only.
The higher the volume of alcohol consumed and the longer consumed, the more severe the impairments. One of the organs most sensitive to the toxic effects of chronic alcohol consumption is the brain.
Essential tremors, irritability, mental depression and social avoidance are its other effects.
It is also known to cause brain shrinkage, psychiatric problems and physical dependence. It also causes peripheral vasodilatation causing heat production in the extremities.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.