Watery blister on penis head after intercourse. No relief with candid b cream, t bac cream, vozet. Worried

Question
dear Doctor about a 10 days ago i had rough intercourse with my partner..i had initial pains but continued with the intercourse only later to find that i had a watery blister which had formed on the head of my penis. i broke it and it became a open wound. now it doesnt heal, the first doctor i met said it was a allergy and suggested candid b cream and a medicine.. since there was no improvement i met another doctor who said it is a allergy and gave me t bac cream and vozet 5 mg.. im a bit worried.. coz it isnt healing.. would be grateful if you could give a response
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 36 minutes later

I have read your query diligently. I am sorry; you have been to two doctors but none was able to diagnose and treat you the right way.

Is it possible for you to upload a picture of the same? I would like to have a look at the open wound to conclude specifically on what is causing this and what can be done to treat it. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it. Alternatively, mail it to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “attention to Dr. shanthi”.

It seems like you now have a genital ulcer. If this ulcer or the open wound is painful, it is likely Herpes infection. If it is a painless ulcer, it is Syphilis.

Again, the ulcer in syphilis is painless and vanishes by itself in 2 weeks time.

You are telling me that the wound is not healing. I mostly doubt this as Herpes.

I shall wait for you to upload the picture and then guide you accordingly.

Follow-up: Watery blister on penis head after intercourse. No relief with candid b cream, t bac cream, vozet. Worried 23 minutes later
dear doctor

i had a little while ago had a query regarding ulcer in the genital area.. i have attached the picture for your reference. also to add to my diagnosis, the doctor had said that it was a fixed drug eruption as i had taken a muscle relaxant a couple of days earlier.

Advice given by the doctor : Bullous lesion over glans penis. Asyptomatic in nature
diagnosis : fixed drug eruption.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later

I doubt this is fixed drug eruption. In my view, you are wrongly diagnosed and treated.

To me it seems like a infection that has developed post the intercourse. Please do the following.

- Get yourself checked for the STI (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) panel. I would prefer to do a VDRL, HIV, and Herpes (HSV) antibodies in you.

- In your case, it is important to be diagnosed and treated early for the same. Hence, I request you to consult a Veneriologist, get these tests done, and then proceed further.

- Please do not wait longer as it may cause more damage to the penile tissue.

Let me know what the doctor says. I shall suggest you further based on these blood tests.

Wish you quick recovery.