Water type blister appeared on penis shaft and went away. Should I be concerned?

Mar 2016

My boyfriend woke up with a large (3/4 inch) water type blister on his penis shaft. He instantly made an appointment at a clinic and by the time he arrived, within two hours, it was gone completely with no visible XXXXXXX remaining. It was not sore at all and was clear looking. No other symptoms. It has not returned. The Dr told him not to be concerned that it was probably nothing but we are, very much so. We did have intercourse the previous 4 nights which was more frequent than usual. What is a likely cause of this?
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your history in detail.

According to your history, nothing looks like serious, as the blister was self limited and gone away without symptoms.

The blister developed probably due to inflammatory reaction on the skin of penis shaft. It is caused by either pressure effect or chemical irritation by using condom/ applying cream or lubrication in the treatment of vaginitis or dry vagina.

Blisters on the penis usually suggest Genital Herpes infection, but this is unusual without any pain. Therefore, you need not to be much worried about the condition.
It is advisable to do a blood test for HSV (hygiene properly, both of you.
2) Use only water-based lubricant and no other chemical substance.
3) Avoid intercourse if you are treated for vaginitis with insertion of suppository.
4) Take healthy diet with multivitamin supplements and drink plenty of water.
5) Always practice safe sex to avoid STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) in future.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wish good health for both of you.