Water collection in thumb and big toes. What is the remedy?

hello,DR.very often water gets collected in thumb & big toes on feet. what is the remedy.
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, it could be paronychia, infection that might result in secondary nail plate changes most commonly presents as tender erythematous nail fold swelling of one finger and is usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Warm saline soaks, abscess drainage, or topical or systemic antibiotics are usually used in its management. If it has been since long then it could be fungal infection and management includes keeping the nail fold dry in addition to the use of topical antifungal or antiseptic agents. Will recommend you to visit your clinician who will assess the underlying causative factor and provide appropriate medications. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks
Follow-up: Water collection in thumb and big toes. What is the remedy? 19 minutes later
what is the medication for it ?
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 3 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your kind response, as i mentioned it will need to be evaluated by your clinician as to the cause and the concerning infection. Taking antifungals or antibiotics can have side-effects, hence will recommend to get it examined before medications. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health