Was treated for Chronic Pancreatitis by antibiotic. Gall Bladder was removed. Chances of pancreatic cancer?

In 2009 I was treated for Chronic Pancreatitis and treated with two types of Antibiotic, The gall Bladder was also removed. How likely is it that I might contract Pancreatic Cancer, and would there have been much damage to the Pancreas from the problem in 2009.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

It isn't very likely that you would develop pancreatic cancer from the conditions and exposures you described. Damage to the pancreas would be determined by measuring your serum Amylase and Lipase levels. If you have had these values measured and if they are ok then it isn't likely you had significant damage to your pancreas.

I hope this answers your questions.