Was told to have shoddy looking lympnodes, found on regular CT scan of the chest. Anything serious?

I was told I have shoddy looking lympnodes . they were found on a regular ct scan of the chest. what are they and is it serious . I have been advised to have a ct scan that focuses specially on this area.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Yes, it could be serious
It may be a primary disease of the lymph node or a disease in the area of drainage
It is difficult to conclude further without further investigation – CT is the first step / you may need CT guided or open biopsy and further tests...
Earlier, the better

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck