Was taking pills to regularize periods. Are these pills responsible for sagging breasts?

Mar 2016

hello, how u doing sir ? i have a sagi breast and irreguler period also even my body are flabvy while iam think person . is sagi breast becauae of ireeguler period or lack of astrogen ? when i was 16 i took pills to make perios reguler they helped me to make my period reguler and now my period returned ireguler ( also i think the pills helped me to increase my breast size ) does this pills responsible for my breast saginess?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Saggy breast may be due to low estrogen level or hormonal imbalance if you are near menopause. Weight loss, loosening of breast ligaments ( which maintain contour) due to gravity, breast involution naturally after weaning or who doesn't breast feed at all etc. Right breast support and local application of massage cream or oil (estradiol and Vitamin - E combination) can improve your breast sagginess to some extent. 2) There are several reasons of irregular period like hormonal problem, ovarian cyst, mental stress or depression, thyroid problem, over weight, irregular diet habit, pelvic infection, certain medication etc. Here, I suggest you to undergo some basic investigations like ultrasound scan, hormone test (thyroid, D21-progesterone), blood Hb%, prolactin & sugar level etc. These will help to pinpoint the diagnosis and make proper treatment. You can consult with your gynecologist for proper guidance and prescription. In the mean time, you can do the following things to get effective result: a) Take iron and vitamin supplements with your diet (enriched with vegetables, animal protein and pulses). b) Do regular meditation or yoga for 15-30 min to avoid mental stress/ anxiety or depression. c) Drink more water (2.53 lit/ day) or fruit juice to stay hydrated and better systemic circulation. d) Maintain genital hygiene properly and do light exercise to control body weight. e) Hormonal medication and other supportive treatment may be needed on the basis of test report. It is the mainstay of treatment. DIET: You must avoid fatty foods and sugary stuffs as much as possible. You can take this food stuff like broccoli, fennel seeds, salmon fish (rich in vitamin D & calcium), green vegetables (like spinach, brinjal etc), fish or fish oil (rich in omega-3 fatty acid), almonds, sesame seeds, yoghurt dairy product, soy milk, boiled egg, red or black grapes, tofu or paneer etc. These are quite helpful to get regular period. 3) If you were used contraceptive pill for long time, then it can cause bigger and saggy breast to some extent due to over deposition of fat. Hope, I have answered your query. If you don't have any other query you can close the discussion. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Was taking pills to regularize periods. Are these pills responsible for sagging breasts? 45 hours later
i have depression yes. when i was 16 my period was irreguler and i did hormonal test and no problem then i took these pills for a month which helped my breast bigger is this pills make breast sagi? and can sports solve the problem of saginess?vitamin e and creams improve or solve the problem of sageness?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 5 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. 1) If hormonal tests were within normal range, then other possible causes have to rule out through ultrasound scan (if you had not done previously). Mental stress and depression have to be cut down by suggestive measures which I have mentioned in my earlier text. 2) Yes, contraceptive pill or hormonal medicine can make bigger breast or saggy to some extent as adverse effect. Sports or moderate exercise can be benefited for you to reduce extra fat. 3) Vitamin-E and estradiol added breast cream or massage oil is quite useful to solve the problem. You must wear tight breast support to maintain contour. Hope, I have guided you properly. If you don't have other query, you can close the discussion. All the best. Good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Was taking pills to regularize periods. Are these pills responsible for sagging breasts? 8 hours later
i want firm my breast up and tighten it by sporta not reduce fat
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for response. 1) Just follow my previous advices (use vitamin-E and estradiol added breast cream) to make breast firm and tighten to some extent. 2) Sports or exercise prevents deposition of extra fat which causes saggy breast. In result, your breast will be more firm. Hope, I have clarified the things. You must take healthy diet and drink more water for better circulation of breast tissue. Regards, Dr Soumen