Was taking bupropion. After changing pharmacy could not find bupropion which was effective for my condition. Need advice

Question
I am searching for the identity of the bupropion I was taking that worked for me. After I changed pharmacy,s I ended up with several bupropion,s thad did not work for me and had to go to genuine wellbutrion to get the proper effect for my condition. My problem is a lack of the two sides of the brain not talking to each other. The pills that worked were round, white, with black writing. can you help me?
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reconsider diagnosis, dosage and quality

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Various specialties of the drug do exist. Aplenzin, Budeprion SR, Buproban are all samples of Bupriopon. All samples of these drug do serve the same purpose.

It would be important to actually determine whether the condition you have deserves this drug. Being ineffective could imply another condition. The dosage of the drug is also very important.

Otherwise, I would suggest you try out the other trade names I proposed in a recognized pharmacy.

In case you got specific questions, do not hesitate asking follow up questions. I would be most grateful helping.

Your physician would be helpful in maybe adjusting the dose of the drug to know if its very appropriate in this case or not. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD

Follow-up: Was taking bupropion. After changing pharmacy could not find bupropion which was effective for my condition. Need advice 1 hour later
I am aware of the notion that all generics of the same type are equal. B.S. I have been through this with 2 pharmacists and tell you that is not true. I was on this medication 150mg 3 times daily and my insurance decided not to pay for it after 2 years. The diagnosis was lengthy and expensive. Not many doctors know what is going on and it took over 3 years to get a diagnosis and medication that worked. I XXXXXXX t need a new doctor to do the research and they XXXXXXX t seem to know. I can,t go back into this disastrous situation again. I may not ever find a doctor who spends weeks of his time figuring out what is going on. By that time I will be a vegetable with no chance of returning. I have seen 4 doctors since this diagnoses
and they all throw the towel in. I know what works, Wellbutrin 200mg twice daily. My insurance has again refused to help on the cost and my cost is more than $3000 per year that is why I am writing you. Can you help?

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need a proper physician follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I am afraid what matters is really not the color nor packaging, but the active ingredient as you rightly put it. It is imperative to take these drug under medical supervision for two main reasons. First to ensure and follow up effectiveness and monitor side effects, secondly to plan gradual withdrawal to avoid dependence.

I ma afraid you will for sure have to subscribe and get followed up by a family physician. It is risky taking the drug not under medical supervision. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD