Was taking Telsar A for BP. Having pedal odema. Medicine changed to olmezest. Borderline diabetic. Suggest?

I was taking Telsar A for my BP. Have been having Pedal Odema for a very long period. Get normal when I remove my shoes in the evening after returning from work. I have RBBB. My doctor has changed the medicie to OLMEZEST 40 mg. Slight improvement in Odema. Is this medicine OK. I do get up in the night now for urination. Borderline dibetic - no medicine Hb1a/c is 5.7. Fit having cleared XXXXXXX protocol 4th level TMT comfortably.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 10 minutes later
welcome to health care magic,
i am a certified cardiologist , i read your mail with diligence,
as you said previously you are taking Telsar A which contains Telmisartan and Amlodepine . Amlodepine known to cause ankle edema in most patients. your doctor did right thing, he stopped that and added new drug Olmesartan , which has better b.p control properties and less edema. If you still have problem of edema , you consult your doctor and take Olmezest -H 40 if needed.
Coming to other reports all are normal , continue regular exercise .
thank you.
Follow-up: Was taking Telsar A for BP. Having pedal odema. Medicine changed to olmezest. Borderline diabetic. Suggest? 16 minutes later
Any side-effects? Somewhere in this forum I read that OLMEZEST 40 mg. is over drugging.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Olmesartan was well tolerated, with an incidence of adverse reactions less than 1%. Events generally were mild, transient and had no relationship to the dose of drug. Common side effects of olmesartan include dizziness, bronchitis, back pain, headache, flu-like symptoms, hematuria, and sinusitis.
Considering the dose 40 mg is not over dose.
thank you