Was stung by a jelly fish, having periodic pins and needles. Normal?

I was stung by a jelly fish 5 weeks ago - I'm still having periodic pins and needles ( about once a week ) - is this normal ?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 3 days later
Brief Answer:
May be symptoms of peripheral neuropathies

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,
Jelly fish sting is usually extremely painful and may expose some nerve endings which can cause pins and needles till the nerve gets properly healed. But at the same time one must rule out other causes of peripheral neuropathies and associated symtoms like back pain, vit. B12 deficiency, diabetes etc.
At this juncture I will advise you to be tested for diabetes, and going for MRI dorsolumbar spine if you have lower back pain.
If the symptoms are unavoidable you may take preparations like gabapentin.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Was stung by a jelly fish, having periodic pins and needles. Normal? 6 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer: