Was spraying insecticide Tempo and now face itches terribly. Reaction to insecticides?

I was spraying the insecticide Tempo today and my face itches terribly tonight. Is this a reaction from the insecticide?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is an allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Yes there is a possibility that you have developed an allergic reaction to the insecticide.
Please apply a mild steroid lotion like hydrocortisone 1% lotion on your face.
Also take an anti histamine like levocetrizine.
This will give you some relief.
If the itching aggravates or there appears any blistering on face you must XXXXXXX a dermatologist, as treatment with oral steroids might be required.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow-up: Was spraying insecticide Tempo and now face itches terribly. Reaction to insecticides? 1 hour later
Would products such as Lanacane or Ivarest or Blue Star ointment work?
I have these on hand and it is in the middle of the night.
would Lanacane or Ivararest or Blue star ointment work? It is middle of night and I have these on hand.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
anti histamine oint May work

Detailed Answer:
There are trade names of some ointment.
Can you please tell me the composition of these as I do not reside in the country that you live in, I do not know these particular brand names.
If there are anti histamine ointments then surely these will work.
Thank you.