Was operated for tongue cancer. Had radiotherapy. Mouth is less opening and no saliva. Suggest homoeopathy medicine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I AM TONGUE CANCER PATIENT WHICH WAS OPERATED IN SEPTEMBER 2007 & AFTER OPERATION RADIOTHERAPY WAS DONE AFTER THAT I HAVE PROBLEM OF LESS MOUTH OPENING ,& NO SALIVA IN MOUTH (DRYNESS) PLEASE LET ME ADVICE SOME HOMEOPATHY MEDICINE FOR THESE PROBLEM

YYYY@YYYY (0000)
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
The dryness of mouth and difficulty in opening is a common problem after radiotherapy for oral cancers.
This happens due to fibrosis in the affected area.
The best way to increase the range of movement is by doing a hot fomentation at the temporomandibular joint and regular physiotherapy like clenching of teeth and opening the mouth alternately. If the contracture is too much then surgical release procedure can be planned. The role of homeopathic medicines is doubtful in such cases.
Some remedies to minimize your discomfort includes-
1.Sucking on sugar-free candy or chewing sugar-free gum
2.Drinking plenty of water to help keep your mouth moist.
3. Protecting your teeth by brushing with a fluoride toothpaste, using a fluoride rinse, and visiting your dentist regularly
4. Breathing through your nose, not your mouth, as much as possible
5. Using a room vaporizer to add moisture to the bedroom air
6. Using an over-the-counter artificial saliva substitute.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.