Was on megestrol and now experiencing impotence. Advise?

hi I was on megestrol and now I experiencing impotence when is going to get back to normal
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It takes about month

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Megestrol is similar to a natural substance made by the body called progesterone.
Which does knock off some libido. It will take about a month after the stoppage of the drug for normal body hormonal cycle to come back. But may varies depending upon the duration how long the MEGESTROL is being taken for.

Thanks for the query. Please feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.