Was on Provigil a month, a week on Vyanese, getting hives that go with benadryl cream. Is SJS a side effect ?

Hello I was on Provigil a month ago and now a week on Vyvanse and were getting hives that with benadryl cream would go away! Today was my last day on this med as it scares me the risk of SJS is it a very rare side effect?
Thank you!
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in ADHD
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

Stevens-Johnson Syndrome is a rare side effect of the drug Vyvanse. It has been reported voluntarily by individuals post its approval. However, it is not possible to estimate its frequency of occurrence with reliability.

It may occur in individuals with known hypersensitivity to amphetamine products or other ingredients of Vyvanse.

Be rest assured that you do not have this.

Wish you good health.