Was on Proloid. Is the Proloid S also a lyophilized porcine thyroglobulin?

Hello, I was on Proloid way back when it was manufactured by Parke XXXXXXX Is the Proloid S also a lyophilized porcine thyroglobulin?
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
Park Devis used to manufacture Proloid - a medication meant for hypothyroidism. It was lyophilized thyroglobulin . It was available initially in the Sates and Europe and was produced by park XXXXXXX However it was later discontinued cause of problem with the shelf life and it was not feasible from economic point of view to continue producing it.
Proloid S is infact produced by Pfizer and is not the same as proloid. It is a combination of synthetic forms of thyroxine.
So to answer your question directly: Polaroid and Polaroid S are different and Proloid S is not lyophilized porcine thyroglobulin?
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.