Was on Naproxen, is it possible to have reaction even when stopped?

ENT Specialist
hi how are you?

is it possible to react to a medication even if you've stopped taking it but you have some tablets left? I think this is what happened to me with naproxen and I ended up getting rid of my remaining tablets.
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 10 days later
Brief Answer:
No, but possible to similar NSAID medications.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. No, it is not possible to react to the remaining, sealed Naproxen tablets after you have stopped taking them.

2. It is possible that you have a reaction to another medication from the same class of drugs. Naproxen belong to a type of medication known as NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal doctor to check your current medications for signs of any cross-reactivity between similar medications.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.