Was off-balance and was leaning to left. Had headache, took aspirin. What could be the reason?

For one whole day, I was so off-balance and was leaning to the left constantly. I only felt OK when I was sitting down, but I had a headache all day also. I took aspirins, thinking it may be a small stroke. My voice was normal and my grips on both sides were normal. I would say, I wasn't thinking exactly clearly, due to my off balance and the problem I had walking.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 30 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You ought to see a doctor!
You need examination / and probably investigation...

In Diabetic, the first thing to check should be the blood sugar!
     Being Hypertensive, if it is from getting up from bed, it may be from postural hypo-tension.. Did you check your BP – lying and standing?
     It can be from anaemia – what is your haemoglobin?

The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist is the one to see - they have special tests to confirm or exclude the contribution of the ear.

If the ear is excluded, you have to be followed up by a neurologist. / MRI may be needed. MRA (MRI angiography) shows blood vessels and is generally done at the same sitting.

If there are no clues, you have to be investigated by a Cardiologist! EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring – for arrhythmia) / ECHOcardiogram (for clot) / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG – for ischemia) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.

The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck