Was hurt during prostate massage. Pain in leg and rectum. Buttock shaky and weak. Suggest?

Excellent

Radiologist
Question

I think my girlfriend hurt me during prostate massage. Pain in my left leg rectum buttock shaky all over. Weak at times. left leg is weak. It has been three week since it happened
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Rectum and buttock pain may be due to muscular problems during prostate massage or Sexual act. Leg pain is less likely due to these activities. Leg pain may be related to other causes like nerve compression.
As it is 3 weeks past symptoms are still there , you need to consult board certified surgeon for proper clinical evaluation. Further investigation and management will be better decided afterwards.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Was hurt during prostate massage. Pain in leg and rectum. Buttock shaky and weak. Suggest? 4 days later
Well I did go to the Neuro. Leg pain is still there x XXXXXXX of left hip indicates coxofemoral joint spaces, femoral heads and necs are well preseved. The sacroiliac joint are well presevered and there is no fracture or dislocation seen

Impression

Normal Examination.

So with this said can it be the sciatic nerve o a herniated disc. The pain is only in my left side but since walking and standing for too long is a bit pain full, its also hurting my left lower back.
Will just one MRI give me the chance to know what I really have so then I can take futher steps into getting well? Or will it take more? Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
It is a good sign that xrays are normal. However xrays are basic investigation. It is not a investigation of choice to see herniated discs.
You are correct regarding the MRI. It will definitely solve the problem. It will show the herniated disc very well. I think at present time just go for MRI of lumbosacral regio only.

Regards.

I was extremely lucky to find a Neuro as fast as I did and I see that he is going by steps because now he wants to see if there is a nerve pinched somewhere and wants to do a needle test. Is this necessary? I mean with the money I have to spend doing this just to see he could have just taken an MRI. Please correct me if Im wrong.
Question: If there is a problem with my disc:Therapy, Surgery or what would be the next step? Depending on results?
I will go ahead and do what he thinks is best for me but would still like a second opinion on everything. Sorry. Worried because my aniexty and panic attacks are kicking in these days over this.
Thank you for all the information received

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 11 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
Your neurologist approach is correct. As per your description it looks he is possibly going to do mri. It will test the function of nerve.
Treatment modality is solely depends on exact nature and extent of disease. Accordingly physiotherapy or surgeries are options. I will suggest follow your physician protocol. It will be helpful in this situation.

Hope I have answered your query.

Regards.

Follow-up: Was hurt during prostate massage. Pain in leg and rectum. Buttock shaky and weak. Suggest? 19 hours later
Felt horrible yersterday at work. Came home to rest through the night and woke up 85% better no pain what so ever. Cant explain how but now I home and will rest some more to see. I tried not to force me into doing alot of unnecessary movements. The only thing I did do different was to put myself in fetus position on my breaks and at home. Evertime I did I felt relief. So I kept doing it through out the day and at home. I have until Thursday to decide to have the procedure done with the needles. I guess if I feel much better. I will try and get an appointment to talk to my Nuero. I thank you for the support given and information. Will highly recommend. Feeling happy and glad Im finally pain free.
Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 17 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
Hopefully you will be pain free in few days. Feel free to ask any further assistance. Contact your neurologist as soon as possible.

Hope for the best.

Regards.