Was having pain in leg. Having no sensation from hip to toe. Not able to move leg. Suggest

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Question
2 hour ago i fell down and felt lot of pain in my left leg , particularly left thigh.There was swelling there.With a lot of difficulties i went to my bed, then suddenly the swelling gone ,felt no pain,My left leg is not responding from hip to toe.No sense in my left leg.i could not able to move my leg.please advise.I am 43 years of age, height 5.7" weight 55 KG.
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 53 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
From your description, I think you may have damaged nerves in your leg. The initial pain followed by abrupt loss of sensation and power would suggest this is a possibility. The initial pain and swelling may indicate a muscular injury. There is a slight possibility of a fracture.
For these reasons I would suggest you see a doctor urgently for assessment.
I hope this has helped you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger
MBChB FRCA

Follow-up: Was having pain in leg. Having no sensation from hip to toe. Not able to move leg. Suggest 8 minutes later
No doctor is available in my locality right now ,i have to wait till 8 AM (INDIAN STANDARD TIME).Is it advisable to wait till morning?Will it become a major concern?Please reply.

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 22 minutes later
From my understanding of your description you are unable to feel or move your leg. It appears your leg is paralysed. If this is correct, then I think you should see a doctor urgently even if this means a doctor outside your locality. A paralysed leg could be an indication of a nerve injury that needs prompt treatment in order to recover.
Best regards,
Dr K A Pottinger
MBChB FRCA