Was having motion sickness, dizziness and shivering. Symptoms gradually disappeared after eating. What could be the reason?

I was feeling motion sick it was coming and going,began to feel weak then felt v faint and dizzy was v warm,eventually came around and was shaking and shivering,was back to normal after 30 mins after i ate and rested
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypoglycemia, phaechromyctoma, ear problems (int) Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, The commonest condition that could explain these symptoms is low blood glucose (hypoglycemia). Low blood glucose or hypoglycemia is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, motion sickness in case one is moving, shaking, abdominal pain and palpitations. In your case it is more likely because the symptoms gradually disappeared after you ate. It is important to know if this is the very first time you are experiencing this or not. Other rare conditions that could cause this include increased secretion of adrenaline by the adrenal gland (phaechromocytoma) and problems with the ear. It would be important to know if you have had any problems of recurrent headaches and high blood pressure before, or any issues with your ears. From my experience, I simply think this due to low blood glucose (hypoglycemia). In case symptoms return, it might be interesting to get a complete evaluation from an internist. Feel free asking follow up questions in case you do have any specific concerns. thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health. Dr Bain