Was given MMR vaccine. IGG says it is negative. Is it necessary to take this vaccine again?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I HAVE A POST PARTUM MOM WHO WAS GIVEN MMR VACCINE A WHILE BACK NOW HER igg says it is negative. So she needs to get it again right?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Yes considering that the woman has received MMR vaccine within one year and has negative immunoglobulin levels ( igG , igM ) , the most probable reason could be a low or now immune response or an immunocompromised patient .
So ideally the patient needs to take another dose of Mmr vaccine .
These immunoglobulin levels indicate the amount of protective immunoglobulins circulating in the patients blood which can protect them from infection by Measles , mumps rubella viruses.
Also many a times it's noted that some immunocompromised patients show a rapid rise in igG levels only after revaccination .
So please consult your doctor and revaccinate the patient as per his advice.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer in case you have no further queries.