Was engaged in sexual act with broken condom. Did not ejaculate but had precum. How to avoid pregnancy?

I and partner was engaging in sexual act and we found that my condom was broke during act. I didnt ejaculate but there was small amount of precum in it. Anyway, we are not ready to have baby as of now . How do we avoid pregnancy?

Kindly suggest after pill name and intake interval with duration.

Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Levonorgestrol only pill or emergency pill

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry that the condom broke during the act. Your partner could take a single dose of Levonorgestrel or progesterone only pill i.e Ipill within 72 hours of the act. This will prevent pregnancy, if any.

If 72 hours has elapsed since the act, then she has to wait for her next periods. In case, she does not get her periods on the expected date, then she should do a home urine pregnancy test. If she is pregnant, she should go for MTP or Medical Termination of Pregnancy. This can be done using MTP kit oral medicine.

It comes as a packet of 5 medicines that need to be taken orally. This is a prescription drug. She needs to get it prescribed from her doctor.

Hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Was engaged in sexual act with broken condom. Did not ejaculate but had precum. How to avoid pregnancy? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr. She had her period 5th to 7th of this month. Should it be an issueif she dont take this pill? How many days after period is a safe time?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
up to 9 days after the periods is safe period

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for my delayed response.

Up to 9 days after period is safe period. After that, your partner would ovulate, and this is unsafe or fertile period.

If you had intercourse within 9 days of her periods, then it is safe.

If she was in her safe period, there is no need to take the pill.

Hope this is clear to you.