Was drug tested. Positive for THC. Do not smoke. Can tramadol, gabapentin, albuterol or adavir cause this?

I was drug tested by my Dr. before I could receive my pain medication. I tested positive for THC. I do NOT smoke marijuana and I am NOT HIV pos or have aids. Is there any medication such as Tramadol, Gabapentin, Albuterol or Advair which might have given a false positive result? I am totally distressed by the outcome of the testing. Please help me. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

You need not worry. There are two classes of drugs that you are taking that can cause the false positive results.

1. The proton pump inhibitor (Omeprazole) and
2. The Arthrotec).

These two drug classes are highly associated with false positive results in Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) testing.

Thanks once again and best regards.

Bain LE, MD.