Was diagnosed with tb of lymph nodes. Having fever. What can be done?

Pediatrician, Cardiology
hi,i m XXXXXXX i was diagnosed with tb of lymphnodes on 3rd april 2013, today its 29th and i still feel feverish in the morning but thermometer shows it as 98 or 98.5, i get sweat also and feel hot sensations at this time. this happens every 4 to 5 days, remaining days i feel normal with just drained of energy, this is 4th week of treatment....i measure everytime i feel feverish but thermometer always shows it as 98 to 98.5...
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 2 hours later
Feverish feeling is a subjective complaint and in most of the cases, it is in the form of irritability, weakness, feeling hot, body ache and sweating even when thermometer shows normal temperature.
Treatment response can be monitored by improvement in symptoms and decrease in size of lymph node.
In majority of cases, effect of treatment comes within 2-4 weeks. Now this is also in your case as your temperature came down. You have not mentioned whether there is any gain in wait or improvement in appetite, as this will suggest the treatment response.
Other causes of feverishness should be ruled out like hyperthyroidism or iron deficiency by investigations like thyroid profile and iron profile after consulting your physician.
Take plenty of water and high calories diet.
I hope this answers your query well.
I will be glad to answer if you have any further query.
Wish you good health.
With regards.
Follow-up: Was diagnosed with tb of lymph nodes. Having fever. What can be done? 5 hours later
thank you dr...

my appetite has been ok and i do feel hungry every now and then...but i have not checked my weight as i have appointment with my dr on 10 may fact i hv decided that i will increase my weight in one month diet as follows

1boiled egg+1 glass full milk protinnex+ orange juice at 9 am
full lunch 0f 6 roties+ subji at 12 pm.
1 boiled egg + 1 glass full milk protinnex+boiled chana at 5 pm
full dinner of 6 roties + subj iat 9pm.

any suggestion on high calory food plz.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 14 minutes later
Good to know that you are responding well to treatment, as improved appetite and general well-being is good sign. The diet you have mentioned is adequate.
Just add some ghee in your diet, it will make your diet energy dense and will help in better weight gain.
Continue the treatment and be sure you will recover well.