Was diagnosed with endometrial polyp, underwent hysterolaproscopy. After surgery follicles high. Normal?

Hello Doctor,
I was diagnosed with endometrial polyp 5x8mm,advised to undergo hysterolaproscopy, but the surgery was done on 21.03.2013 by removing endometrial polyp tubal adhesiolysis and fimbriac cystectomy. uterus normal, tubes normal,ovaries rough surface cauly flower appearance. tube and ovaries adherent to omentum -embeded deep in was released. Blood test, AMH+ 1.62 ng/ml FSH= 5.54mIU/ml, LH=3.99mIU/ml, TSH=1.51 mIUM/ml, progesterone 0.20 ng/ml, prolactin serum+31.45 ng/ml. I had normal period next month after surgery, but the follicular study on 12th day= no dominant follicle, 14th day left ovary= 10mm, endometrium 8mm remains same on 14th day 16th and 18th day. Before surgery follicula study shows normal with 10th day 16mm and 16mm(left and Right ovary) 12th day = 21mm and 19mm and 13day ruptured with endometrium 10.5mm. can you answer these changes are normal or what is the problem
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 8 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Based on what you are telling me, several issues jump out:
1. You had an endometrial polyp that was removed
2. You had adhesions involving the tubes
3. Your prolactin level was definitely elevated at 31.45

While it sounds like the anatomical issues were addressed, the elevated prolactin is an issue. It can be elevated for reasons related to:
1. Pregnancy
2. Recent eating, exercise or intercourse

This needs to be re-checked when you are fasting and with no exercise or intercourse for 24 hours. If it is elevated, then it will inhibit ovulation! The term for this is 'hyper-prolactinemia'.

I hope that this helps!