Was diagnosed testicular cancer. One testis removed and had chemotherapy. Have nil sperm count. How to regain it?

I am 44 years old. In April 2012 I was diagnosed left testicular cancer. Consequently, my left testis was removed and three cycle of chemotherapy were completed on 28th XXXXXXX 2012. Since then all periodical tests are fine and no medication is required after chemotherapy. Prior to chemotherapy my SPERM COUNT was 56 Million. But after chemotherapy my SPERM COUNT in April 2013 was NIL. One AYURVEDIC DOCTOR has advised some herbal medicines to regain my SPERM COUNT. Looking to my earlier testicular cancer whether herbal Ayurvedic medicine can be taken to regain my SPERM COUNT without any adverse effect? I seek your worthy guidance. Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 8 hours later
Brief Answer: I don't think ayurvedic medicine may help. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. i am sorry to know that your sperm count has dropped to zero. This is a known effect of chemotherapy. Unfortunately, there is no proven medicine to improve sperm counts in this setting. Even AYurvedic medicines are unlikely to work. However, these are usually without serious adverse effects and can be tried for sure. Unlikely to cause any harm. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.