Was bitten by mice and had bleeding. What to do next?

today a mice bitten me and bleeding done by 3 minutes.what should i do next
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later

I am sorry about the incident.

You must wash it thoroughly under flowing tap water with a hard soap like Wheel or Nirma. Wash for 5 mins. Then leave it open. Do not tie it up with a cloth or bandage.

Second, you need to go to the hospital and take injection TT or Tetanus Toxoid - one dose within 6 hours.

You do not have to do anything else.

Follow-up: Was bitten by mice and had bleeding. What to do next? 6 minutes later
when mice bitten me,the time was 3 oclock night or 3am of 4/07/13. i washed it from bottled water about five minnutes. wound is open till now. now the time is 1.30 pm.please guide. some doctors advised me to take 3 or five dosage of rabipur also.please advised me.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
How big is the bite? Did you notice the mice? Was it an unprovoked bite?

In any case, it is better to take the Rabipur as well. The dose would be 3 doses at 0, 7, and 14 days.

You do not need 5 doses.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Was bitten by mice and had bleeding. What to do next? 5 minutes later
bile is very very small like a pin pionted,but bleeding takes place, no notice of mice because that time i was in sleep,yes it was unproveked bite.
Thanks for writing back.

I understand the scenario now.

You just need to take 3 doses of rabipur along with Injection TT.

Hope this clarifies.

Please write a review for this answer if time permits.

Take care!